Hesitant about travelling abroad during the pandemic? Well, there are a growing number of UK vineyards offering holiday accommodation and visits!
The UK’s vineyards are producing some highly-regarded wines as vines mature, winemakers get more skilled at making the best of their “terroir” (position, soil, climate) and as global warming is moving the limits of wine production further north.
Here we present a small selection of English vineyards which offer accommodation amongst the vines, usually with the opportunity to visit the cellars, meet the winemakers, taste and buy and a selection of wine hotels.
- Ashling Park Estate, West Sussex (vineyard barns)
- Chet & Waveney Valley Vineyard, Norfolk (The Vine House)
- Denbies Wine Estate – Dorking, Surrey -(The Vineyard Hotel)
- Jabajak Vineyards – Whitland, Carmarthenshire -(Vineyard Restaurant & Rooms)
- Lamberhurst Vineyards – Lamberhurst, Kent – (The Vineyard)
- Llanerch vineyard – Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan – (Llanerch Vineyard Hotel)
- Mannings Heath Vineyard – Horsham, West Sussex – (Fullers Cottage)
- Old Walls Vineyard,- Bishopsteignton, South Devon -(The Lodge)
- Rathfinny Wine Estate, – Alfriston, East Sussex – (Flint Barns)
- Woodchester Valley, Stroud, Glos (Vineyard Barn Room)
- …see also
- Adgestone Vineyard, Isle of Wight
- Calancombe Estate, Modbury, Devon
- Oxney Organic Estate, Rye, East Sussex
- Polgoon Vineyards, Penzance ,Cornwall (Holiday Cottage)
- Poulton Hill Estate, Cirencester, Glos
UK VINEYARD accommodation
there are hotels in the UK with a wine theme but not on a vineyard:
- Newbury, Berkshire – The Vineyard Hotel at Stockcross
- Goudhurst. Kent – The Goudhurst Inn, owned by the nearby Hush Heath wine Estate
- Hotels du Vin: – often city/town centre hotels with Bistro – and often in magnificent and historic buildings – UK wine hotels