UK vineyard accommodation
England and Wales are producing better and more interesting wines as the climate changes and existing vineyards mature. Some now offer UK vineyard accommodation. The UK now has over 9,000 acres of land under vine and nearly 200 winerSparkling wines account nearly 70% of the UK’s total wine production, the remaining 30% is represented by a wide range of still wines.(2022)ies. Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the most popular grape varies planted followed by Pinot Meunier . Cool-climate varieties such as Bacchus , Seyval Blanc and Solaris are often used as they produce quality still wines.
UK vineyards with accommodation and UK wine hotels
- Chet & Waveney Valley Vineyard = Norfolk (The Vine House)
- Denbies Wine Estate – Dorking, Surrey -(The Vineyard Hotel)
- Jabajak Vineyards – Whitland, Carmarthenshire -(Vineyard Restaurant & Rooms)
- Lamberhurst Vineyards – Lamberhurst, Kent – (The Vineyard)
- Llanerch vineyard – Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan – (Llanerch Vineyard Hotel)
- Old Walls Vineyard – Bishopsteignton, South Devon -(The Lodge)
- Rathfinny Wine Estate – Alfriston, East Sussex – (Flint Barns)
- Adgestone Vineyard – Isle of Wight
- Calancombe Estate – Modbury, Devon
- Mannings Heath Vineyard – Horsham, West Sussex – (Fullers Cottage)
- Oxney Organic Estat – Rye, East Sussex
- Polgoon Vineyards -Penzance ,Cornwall (Holiday Cottage)
- Poulton Hill Estate – Cirencester, Glos
- Woodchester Valley – Stroud. Glos
wine hotels in the UK with a wine theme but not on a vineyard:
Newbury, Berkshire – The Vineyard Hotel at Stockcross – 5 Star, Relais & Chateaux Hotel with a fine dining restaurant, 30,000 bottle wine cellar in rural Berkshire.
Goudhurst, Kent – The Goudhurst Inn (owned by nearby Hush Heath Wine Estate)
Hotels du Vin – mainly city/town centre hotels with Bistro – and often in magnificent and historic buildings – with expert in-house sommeliers and a cellar with up to 500 wines from around the world. Ranges from a simplified selection of quaffable wines by the glass, to sophisticated, complex vintages from some of the world’s most renowned wine makers.
- Birmingham – former Victorian Hospital in the Jewellery Quarter
- Brighton – in the trendy Lanes district with its cobbled streets and boutiques
- Bristol – The Sugar House – 18th-century sugar warehouses in the city centre
- Bristol Avon Gorge – with panoramic views of Brunel’s Clifton Suspension Bridge.and the Avon Gorge
- Cambridge – Grade II listed buidling in the city centre
- Cheltenham – two 19th Century mansions on a wide, quiet avenue
- Edinburgh – former Asylum in a quiet streeet in the Old Town
- Exeter – a former Victorian Hospital – the former West of England Eye Infirmary
- Glasgow – a Grade II-listed Victorian terrace of five townhouses in the West End
- Harrogate – converted Georgian townhouses overlooking the Stray
- Henley-on-Thames in a former brewery close to the Thames
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne – former headquarters of a shipping company near the Quayside
- Poole – former 18th Century home of a wealthy merchant in the charming Old Town
- St Andrews – a Victorian terace overlooking St Andrew’s Bay and West Sands beach and next to the Old Course golf course
- Stratford-Upon-Avon – in a stylish 18th-century red-brick townhouse and close to Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
- Wimbledon – in Cannizaro House, a 18th Century country-house mansion with views over Wimbledon Common
- Winchester – in a Queen Anne townhouse in the historic city centre
- York in a former 19th Century orphanage, near the city walls
somewhere to stay? ferry? trains?, car hire?