The combination of a chalk subsoil and a cooler northerly climate help to produce the acidity necessary to make these highly prized wines! Champagne is considered the king of sparkling wines which offer a range of styles from dry to medium (demi-sec), white and rosé. Most is sold as non-vintage but for a real treat go for a Vintage Champagne!
Reims and Epernay claim to be the capital of Champagne, and where the main big name Champagne houses and cellars are located. But there are many smaller individual winemakers in the region which stretches south to Bar-sur-Aube.
Featured accommodation in Champagne:
- Champagne B&B – Andre Bergere
- Champagne B&B – Champagne R-Renaudin, Moussy
- Champagne Hotel – Château D’Etoges
- Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart- Champagne B&B
- Chateau les Crayeres – Champagne Chateau Hotel
- Domaine Sacret – B&B Champagne
- Hotel Castel Jeanson – Ay Champagne Hotel
- Les Grains d’Argent – Dizy Champagne Hotel
- Royal Champagne Hotel – Champagne
Other Champagne vineyard accommodation options
- Champagne Gilmaire-Etienne – Binson-et-Orquigny – B&B(Chambres d’Hote) on a Champagne -producer estate 15km from Epernay
- La Villa Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart – Ludes – B&B in a winery just 20 minutes from Reims
- Gîte les Moignottes – Vitry-le-Francois – canalside self-catering away from the bustle of Reims